Why use CDL?
- CDL provides reliable and beneficial ψ-value(s) of junctions to be used in SAP and SBEM calculations
- CDL helps to fulfil Part L requirements for both the dwelling and non-dwelling market
- CDL allows the consequent use of lower levels of conventional insulation
- CDL junction details are the smart solution with robustness and flexibility built-in
The main features of the scheme are:
- On-line ‘handbook’ of Constructive Details, including junction ψ-value(s), key design and construction details and checklists
- A risk based assessment of robustness including site validation to assess the buildability of a junction
Why has the BBA created CDL?
The BBA has:
- Building Physics capabilities in modelling and testing
- Unrivalled product and system certification experience in construction
- Technical competency scheme experience (See U value scheme)
- Site expertise (see Inspection schemes)